Saturday, April 7, 2012

The Hunger Games:: The Movie

Hubby came home Wednesday and asked me out on a date. We haven't really been out since Baby came expect a quick dinner out in November. My parents are here for the week so we jumped on the chance.

After dinner he took me to see The Hunger Games. Can we say excited!?

After reading the first two books in the series and being half way through the last I was sooooo excited. Everyone kept saying how awesome the movie was.

And it was.

Except. Yep. Except. I'm such a hard person to take to a movie based on a book I've read.

Don't get me wrong. I LOVED the movie.

It's just different.

(When it comes down to choosing between a book and it's movie. I usually pick the book. And this is one of those times.)

My only complaint::

There was no explanation of the mocking jay pin, it's significance and it's potential.

What else grabs you for the next movie?

There was nothing that would keep you coming back for more. The book does this beautifully.

And.... I was picturing a smaller Katniss, a chubbier Peeta and a handsomer Gale. But hey, who am I to judge the actors? I didn't choose them!

Go see the movie. It really is a great movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment