Saturday, March 24, 2012

By Theo. LeSieg

This week I ordered the last of the Dr. Seuss books that our library has. I realized we aren't going to get through all of them by going to the library. There's quite a few they don't carry and I'm not sure where to find them.

But I did a little extra digging...

Theo. LeSieg is Dr Seuss. 

There a number of books written by this guy.

Apparently Theo. LeSieg and Dr. Seuss live parallel lives within Theodor Geisel. Dr. Seuss writes and illustrates his own books. But sometimes, when Dr. Seuss doesn't want to illustrate what he writes he enlists the help of Theo LeSieg who writes and hires someone else to illustrate. By the way, LeSieg is Geisel spelled backwards.

So if you come to a shortage of Dr. Seuss books remember Theo LeSieg is Dr. Seuss, just another part of him.

But we're still going to be a little short. I'm going to have to do some digging to find the rest. Sadly I've realized we may never get them all. But here's to hoping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment