Friday, March 9, 2012

My Favorite Book- The Nothing Zoo

A few weeks ago we finished decorating Baby's room. We put up shelves and all I had on them was a few of my old monkeys and a special jewelry box from her Grandparents. I saw a picture on Pinterest that I thought would be so cute for Baby's room since we love books around here. The person had put books on the shelves facing out. I thought since I had put my old monkeys on there that it would be fun to hold the theme of our favorite things from when we were little. I pulled our old books off the bookcase (on the top shelf since they are quite old and I didn't want Baby trying to pull them apart). My husbands favorite book, "Green Eggs and Ham", is well read and has a special place on the shelf. I had trouble finding my favorite book. I knew we had it but I couldn't find it. After taking all her books down and sorting through them I found it.

The Nothing Zoo.

I remember reading this book ALL THE TIME. It is also well read. I think if I opened just one more time it would fall apart. That's how much I loved this book. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw my inspirational picture on Pinterest. I really think I could recite that book for your still, or at least draw the pictures.

People have asked me before what my favorite book is. I could never answer because I love all books, even bad ones. But now I have an answer. And it's not so weird that my favorite is a children's book since I have a baby girl who loves to read!

I had to dig for this picture. You can buy it at out of print or used bookstores online.

No comments:

Post a Comment